THE THING ABOUT "HAPPY"

August 22, 2018
well...here we are, discussing THE THING ABOUT "HAPPY"



man, do I understand that title above very clearly. I feel like it's me in a sentence. A lot of the time I know that my happiness is often from the wrong reasons like;

A) circumstances that just so happened to go the way I wanted them to.

B) no annoyances, no problems, no running out of gas, not waking up with a cold, finding pop tarts in the cabinet, ya know, when things just seem to be going smoothly.

C) and things like those lol..............

I honestly want to shake free from this feeling of sadness when what I had planned goes "wrong" but happy when 1+1=2. it isn't that simple though, because this is a part of our human nature - I know. but urrrrghh, it frustrates me.  -.-

Lately, I've seen these character traits coming out strongly in me. If I tried to describe all the reasons that have made me feel this way, you'd probably agree that I have reason to be a little down, but you'd also end up with a mile long post (lol like my journals do), so let's not go there.

but, I would dearly love to let you know that happiness cannot be placed in our plans, in our friends/family, our jobs, because time and time and time and time again, we will be failed. Even though I know this (and often tell others o.o hahahaa) it's still very helpful to write it out and declare it again. 



I guess I'm trying to tell myself, it isn't failing to be reminded.

but it also isn't easy to pull yourself out of that hole of pouting because so and so didn't go your way... so stay strong, place your plans in God, and remember, that happiness is even in dark caves. so stomp on into today and tomorrow my friend -- you are so brave. 

read this poem too k 

ALSO IF YOU WANNA GO SEE THE WINNER OF THE POETRY BOOK GO HERE !!! 

18 comments:

  1. Oh so true! What a great post, a great reminder! Thank you for that closing sentence! And I love that poem you linked too! Especially that poems last line! Keep shining!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was truly a huge reminder for myself!! aw thank you so much Brooklyne <3 You're beyond precious!

      Delete
  2. Yes! I've been noticing that my happiness usually comes from outside circumstances. It's something I've become so conscience of and is something I'm working on. Our joy should come from who we are in God despite what else is going on around us.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a harsh awakening sometimes you know? :P Yes, so much truth!! Man, I should of had you write my blogpost XD

      Delete
  3. LOVE YOU FOR THIS POST. I needed to be reminded that happiness can't be planed. It's so difficult to accept sometimes but things come when you least expect them to right? (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW YOU'RE SO SWEET VANESSA. xx hahahahaa truth right there! but ohhh well I guess ? thanks!

      Delete
  4. Yay cool! Wonderful post! :D
    And the poem was... SPECTACULAR. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!!!! 100% agreed. That's definitely something I struggle with! Thank you for pointing it out and reminding me - I needed it. We can be happy all the time, not because of our circumstances but because of the joy that comes from Jesus. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. duuuuuuuuuuuudddddddee YOU REALLY NEED TO JUST START A BLOG OK. literally. please xx

      Delete
  6. lovely, as always. thank you for this! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this Julia! <3 Your posts are always so encouraging! :)

    ReplyDelete

let's be honest here peeps, comments rock. keep 'em clean and fun and I'll reward you with a virtual ice cream cone

*reluctantly hands cone over*