Time machine moments...(1)

April 25, 2015
A very dear friend of mine (Amanda from Skgfun.com!) and I got started talking about our childhood after she posted pictures of herself when she was little on her blog. We found that we had similar things in common that were pretty cool! Like, getting our American girl doll at the same time (age 8) and finding that we both got Molly! So Amanda told me that I should post pictures of me when I was younger.. I liked the idea. ;) 
Thanks Amanda!!
I believe I was 9 or 10 in these pictures. Those were my playoutsideandreadbooksalldaysummerdays. haha! As you can tell my sister got me dressed up to do a photo shoot..you see, in the summer I wore nothing but shorts and a tee shirt..and sometimes shoes. lol! It must have taken a lot of convincing to get me into a dress! I think Bree had just gotten her camera as well. :D 

*Sniff *Sniff

That's my (my mom's old) bike..the one that was sadly stolen about a year ago. :( I was so devastated when it was gone! I love the basket, height, handle bars, comfortable seat, wheels..everything about it. I really miss that bike! But, my parents did buy me another one last spring. And I love it!! I did a post about it here.  :) 


Hmm..my attitude is peaking out in this one. Lol! I could tell you of a few times that my little sass got me into some scrapes, but... haha! What if I told you that I climbed trees daily? Or, that jumping off of high things was an adventure for me? What about my many accidents including fingers getting caught in doors? Or the time I flipped over my handle bars..while riding down a dirt road hill? Then there was the time I played hide and seek in our weeds..without shoes on! Oh yeah, and I loved playing school with my siblings. I was either the teacher or the naughty kid - you pick! ;) Did I also add that I was rather...um, bossy? :P 

I have grown out of some of these things..but the carefree kid in me is still there. I still enjoy playing tag, riding my bike, goofing off with my little siblings, playing hide and seek...the list goes on! I think part of me will always be living in those summer days. :) 

What about you? Did you have many childhood adventures?
What do you do to still 'stay young'? :D




24 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I love your dress! I had one like it my grandma made for me when I was around that age! I still have it. Its blue and covered in dirt and has some rips (because I wore it all the time!), but its a treasure! I was such a tomboy in a skirt, well a really torn skirt! :D Yeah, I could related to the 'teacher or the naughty kid' thing! :) Such a cute post, Julia! You should totally do another post like this! :D
    Clara<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's so cool! I don't think we have that dress anymore.. lol! I love treasures..don't you? :) I was quite a tomboy too, but I never liked skirts until I was 10-11. I guess I was rather strange. ;) Thanks! I think I will. :)

      Delete
  2. Love this blog post! Such a cute and creative idea!
    Abi

    www.theinbetweengirls5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! You were so cute!! Those are wonderful pictures. :)
    Grace

    theshortendofthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blush* You are so sweet! Thanks, my sister has a knack with photography.. I'm still learning from her! :)

      Delete
  4. When I was younger, I was a carefree girl too, and acted sassy (in a good way) around my friends. When I tell people in real life I used to be loud and wild a long time ago, they would laugh. I guess I have grown up, too, but it's really hard to let the child version of you vanish. ^.^

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I am glad you are like me! Lol, I have always been a little something.. I guess I've just tried to calm myself down a lot. :) Sadly, everyone believes me if I told them I was such a tomboy when I will little. I guess my younger self still peaks out at times. ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh, fun! :) Yup, I've had some memorable times!!! Such as when my older brother convinced my whole family to sleep outside under the stars....on the beach (with no tent)... It didn't last. ;) We went home at 2:00 am (because my older brother actually got sick...)! But we lasted for a while. ;) I've also jumped off of a high-ish (sort of high) cliff into the ocean before! And repelled off of a bridge on a rainy day in Hawaii (my brother is a really good rock-climber, so randomly he had us do this), and I've surfed, and jumped off of rocks by a waterfall (into water, of course)...and I could think of other times as well. ;) Some of those things are what happen when you have an adventurous older brother and you spend most of your childhood in Hawaii... ;) I think I'll remember those times forever! :D

    -Micaiah-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! You have had a lot of fun adventures!! :D Hawaii sounds like a lot of fun. ;) Did you get to watch WCTH yet? :)

      Delete
    2. Hawaii was fun! :D Yeah, we've watched both episodes now! Have you? They just aired another one tonight. :) It was good! The story is going nicely, and I'm liking it so far. :) They aren't airing another episode next Saturday, but they're doing a two-hour special the Saturday after! :D I'm looking forward to it.

      Delete
    3. Actually, I haven't watched any of them yet... lol! I've been too busy. ;)

      Delete
  6. Great pics! So cute! "Or the time I flipped over my handle bars..while riding down a dirt road hill" - how did that story end? :) Blessings!

    http://teensliveforjesus.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thankfully it didn't end up in the emergency room! lol! Actually... I have never been in the hospital for myself in my life, so yeah. ;) Anyway! I ended up with some scrapes, bruises, and rocks everywhere. I got them in my teeth..hair, eyes, nose, everywhere! :P But, within an hour I was back on my bike showing off tricks to my grandpa. Haha!

      Delete
    2. That's good. Nose? Ouch! Neat, were you good at it!

      Delete
    3. Yeah, my grandpa (who was babysitting) was a little surprised at all the rocks! :D Haaha. ;) I don't really remember.. I think I mostly remember it because my grandpa couldn't believe I was back on my bike. lol!

      Delete
  7. Haha! LOVE it! ;) So glad you did this post. To stay young I sometimes don't think before I do things. Not recommended, but definitely a good way to get into some pickles. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww!! You are the one who came up with the sweet idea! Lol! I actually always think before I say..especially in public. Though, that is not to say that things sometimes accidentally slip out! :D

      Delete
    2. You always think?! Well, then you're a miracle worker. ;) aliyah

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I really usually do. I do have a few times when I accidentally don't, but it's usually about something embarrassing including myself. ;)

      Delete
  8. This is such a cute post Julia! I loved it! I was quite a tomboy when I was little :) The scarier, the better :P I like to watch little kids cartoons, like the new My little Pony episodes, Rio 2, or Mr. Peabody and Sherman. No matter how old I get, I still enjoy them, which some people I'm sure find weird :D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Haha, I think that comes from having older brothers. ;) I have never watched any of those shows.. lol!

      Delete
  9. Um. Wow. Well, I did pigtails frequently and clashed patterns and "betrayed" friends and was bossy and nosy. In some ways I still am now lol! Not really the best thing in the world!

    I'm curious where the time travel title came from.....;) lol
    Aliyah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you sound like me! ;) Yeah, I felt the same way, that's why I worked on it.. :)

      Oh my! I didn't think about it! Hahaa, it is possible. ;)

      Delete

let's be honest here peeps, comments rock. keep 'em clean and fun and I'll reward you with a virtual ice cream cone

*reluctantly hands cone over*