The other day I made the best iced oatmeal cookies!
They tasted just like the ones from the store,
They were (yes, I say were because they are all gone) chewy!
And, the glaze was perfect!
Here is the recipe:
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup butter softened ( I used 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup coconut oil to make it healthier.)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk
( If you like lemon, you can add a little bit of lemon juice in place of some milk.)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Put rolled oats into food processor. Pulse for about 10 seconds
- Mix all dry things in a bowl.
- Then mix creams and sugars in your electric mixer
- Slowly add eggs and then vanilla.
- Then add dry ingredients to your wet mix.
- Roll into 2 tablespoon cookies and bake 10-12 minutes.
- Cool completely and then dip the tops in the glaze.
- Let dry and enjoy!!