ARE WE LOVING OURSELVES?

June 27, 2018

I wonder if we replayed the compliments we’ve received to ourselves over and over again, if we would learn to stay for our worth.

If instead it being called vanity but rather it being that we are needed and our given talents are rare. 

After all, we all are aware that we beat ourselves up over little things. maybe we could break the cycle of the negative being the focus and brag on ourselves

I mean, God really does love us. Live as such.




I wrote these words because I was pulling weeds in the onion patch and quite literally felt like quitting. I had hardly slept and had a big day ahead, which was a terrifying thought as I could hardly open my eyes at that point. I wasn't feeling like much of anything (ok I was. i felt like ew lol) 

as I'm sitting here with 3 out of 10 fingers painted because I didn't have enough time to finish them, I want you to know that actually makes me laugh. I'm not embarrassed; its okay. it's just that I screenshot any time someone reposts one of my poems and have a little folder on my phone with them all. (VAIN???? idk) I'm constantly blown away by the little things that people say that make me wanna cry. 

We are all worth so much. Listen to the kind words spoken and take the not-so nice ones with a grain of salt. Learn how to pick apart jealously, helpful critiques and just plain meanness. let yourself rest for a bit. Encourage yourself for a moment and then go encourage someone else to do the same. 

LETS REWIRE THE CYCLE. 



p.s I opened an insta for my poetry blog (@twilighttodawnblog) also gO reAD THIS POST NOOOW

17 comments:

  1. I love this and I love your nails. <3

    xx Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks!! AND WHAAT LOL dude those are ew nails blah. I cannot get the dirt to disappear

      Delete
  2. And oh SHOOT THERE'S MY BLOG POST BRB CRYING <33333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WELL IM CRYING TOO BC THAT POST *ALL HEART EYES*

      Delete
  3. Man this was sooooo beautiful!!! Every word was true. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Sometimes we are just so hard on ourselves. Thanks for this reminder! Oh, and that ice cream looks really good!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that we are, my friend, that we are. IT WAS SO GOOD. like moose tracks WITH CARAMEL!?!? why wasn't this a thing before

      Delete
  5. i love this julia! i hate how we as humans pick apart the words spoken to us, and keep the mean, untruthful ones close, while we quickly forget the kind, loving, encouraging ones.
    thank you for sharing!
    xx
    mira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We truly do do it, don't we? its rotten because it means that is takes that much harder to uplift a truly depressed person. You sadly can't take away the mean words they hear on repeat constantly.
      of course! thank you for commenting <3

      Delete
  6. Agreed. Let's encourage ourselves and others!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was another great post of your's! :D Speaking of your book, I was looking for a contact page but couldn't find it, so I'm going to ask here: how did you make your cover? Can you give me any tips? X'D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you Julia! huh, that's true, I really don't have a contact page lol! I used a bunch of different programs, but mainly canva. I guess my main tip would be don't give up and USE GOOGLE LOL

      Delete
  8. Loving the chipped yellow nail polish. You go Julia! You always have such good things to say on this blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol!!! you're the best Emma! Truly. I have such farmer hands XD aw *hugs* you still are a better writer than I am though. You literally have such a way with words (kinda kinda KINDA a wee bit jealous ;))

      Delete
  9. Lovely <3 I love the words to a song that go "live like you're loved, act like you've been set free, stand like you know who He made you to be"

    ReplyDelete

let's be honest here peeps, comments rock. keep 'em clean and fun and I'll reward you with a virtual ice cream cone

*reluctantly hands cone over*