ghost pepper // tornado damage

October 20, 2015
I don't like spicy things at all. I won't even eat bell peppers - and I know that they really aren't spicy. It's just a thing. The smell. I've known what ghost peppers are for a long time and so when one of the students brought a ghost pepper with him, I silently laughed. What was he seriously thinking?? After a minute all the students was interested in the random item he brought. 

"Ghost pepper..you know, the 2nd hottest pepper on the earth." 

You could have heard a flea sneeze. Suddenly wheels in brains started turning - then one girl grabbed the pepper and took a bite. "Oooohhh no," I breathed. I don't think she understood the impact one tiny bite could make because she went for another one! She started laughing/crying...everyone was just staring at her, waiting for something major to happen. Nothing really happened, so one other girl took a bite and it was enough to make her dance-about, laughing that she couldn't feel her tongue. By now everyone was staring at the guy who brought the ghost pepper. He was just silently watching. I guess he felt the pressure because he ended up taking a bite too. ;) We were all thinking that this was the end of the ghost pepper adventure, when suddenly the first girl took another bite, and this one was HUGE! She was then hit by the powerful spice and goodness...she was in pain. All the teens were like "don't touch your eyes!" "Here eat this chocolate!!" "ohhh nooo..are you okay??!" Thankfully, she was okay - and I think we all learned a lesson about ghost peppers. ;) Don't worry, I didn't eat it. lol! 

During my drive the other day, we drove into a town that had a tornado come through this summer. I had only heard of the damage, but never seen it. The trees were bent and twisted, houses were still damaged, and church roofs were gone. Thankfully, tornadoes are rare around here, and nobody was injured. :) It was incredible. I've got this odd thing for tornadoes and weather, outer space, airplanes.. I guess I just want to see all of the beauty God has made. 

Do you like SPICY?
Have you ever seen Good Mythical Morning (with Rhett and Link) when they ate ghost peppers??


16 comments:

  1. Nope! I don't do spicy things either. Barely any. I'll eat bell peppers and salsa and stuff like that, but I really don't like super spicy things!

    Totally random, but...what kind of pizza is your favorite? Mine is Canadian bacon + pineapple! That sounds so good right now... ;)
    -M-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just such a gross flavor in your mouth, you know? lol! Woah, that is random! Especially since my mom got pizza today - and that's pretty random. I'm kinda weird.. I just like cheese the best. But Canadian Bacon sounds AMAZING. :D

      Delete
    2. Not a good flavor, yes. ;) How strange! Oh, Canadian bacon/pineapple pizza is soooo good! ;D

      Delete
  2. Funny story about the peppers!! No, I don't like spicy at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol THAT'S HILARIOUS <3 well, sort of. haha, that's really funny. i just touched them once, and it was horrible :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa! Those were my SAME feelings! :D Really? He actually grew them himself..guys. ;)

      Delete
  4. I don't generally like spicy . . . there was one thing that was spicy and I really enjoyed, but besides that I avoid spicy. I don't get how people can enjoy the pain lol! Whenever we go to Mexican restaurants, my dad and I claim the not-spicy salsa and everyone else just secures their cups of water.
    ???
    So weird. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the weirdest thing?? You're like, okay people..you do realize you'll probably have a stomach ache tonight...and that you may have serious side affects?? It's so strange! Hahaha! I do like salsa because I love the chips.. I mainly just use the juice though. xD lol!

      Delete
  5. I do NOT like spicy food either! I've always been very sensitive to hot foods, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't mind spicy things, but I really have to be craving spicy things before I'll eat them. I have seen that GMM episode!! Rhett and Link are hilarious! I discovered Good Mythical MorningGood Mythical Morning about a year ago and watch it almost every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is soo true! Sometimes I just randomly want chips and salsa..cravings are so strange. I love SO many of the GMM episodes - they have such a fun sense of humor! :D

      Delete

let's be honest here peeps, comments rock. keep 'em clean and fun and I'll reward you with a virtual ice cream cone

*reluctantly hands cone over*