Did you know that........

May 14, 2014

Arkansas is the home of the only active mine in the US?




New Jersey built the first world's first drive-in movie theater in 1933?

Wisconsin invented the first typewriter in 1867?

The average store in the US wastes about 3,000 pounds of food every year?


In California the grizzly bear is the official state animal, but no grizzly bears have been seen since 1922?

In the US there are three towns named "Santa Claus"?

The Mississippi and the Missouri Rivers combined form the longest river in the US and the fourth longest in the world! 


Just 2.5 million people lived in the US in 1776, now it is 314 million?

If you have $10 in your pocket and no debt, then you are wealthier than 25 percent of the people in the US?

8 billion chickens are eaten every year and 22 million every day?



Every second, Americans collectively eat 100 pounds of chocolate?


Love in our Lord,
  Julia Ryan♥







13 comments:

  1. Yeek!! 100 pounds of chocolate?!?! Wow! That's a lot of waste! :) Great post Julia! I really like this!
    In Jesus' name,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa, I know 100 pounds is a lot of chocolate! I'm glad you like this post. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Julia,
    I nominated you for the Sunshine award again! You can just answer in a comment if you want. :)
    In Jesus' name,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah...my mind is now blown.

    ashley-ashstash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! 3 towns named Santa Claus! That's unusual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you for the Sunflower Award! Head over to my blog when you can to check it out :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these!! You should do more of these kind of posts. Very interesting. =)

    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them!! I think I will do more, it was really fun. :)

      Delete
  7. Wow!! :D That is so cool! Did you know that Canadians consume more macaroni and cheese than any other nation on earth? That surely doesn't include me! ;) I really enjoyed these facts, thank you for sharing them with us!!

    In all sisterly love,
    -Noémie, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah! You Canadians need to cut back some! ;) Good job on helping out. :D Yes, I will have to add some Canadian facts next time too. :)

      Delete

let's be honest here peeps, comments rock. keep 'em clean and fun and I'll reward you with a virtual ice cream cone

*reluctantly hands cone over*