I BUILT MYSELF A DESK

October 17, 2018



for a super long time I have wanted to update my desk in my bedroom.  it's a very small space but I love it soooooooooo much.  It's changed so much over the past years lol (lets just say when it was my sister's when she was 8, it was hot pink..) and since it is small, I'm constantly on the search for space saving ideas.

AND HERE COMES THE DESK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

can you say I'm excited? I sure think so.  I went shopping with friends and we stopped in an antique shop and this girl is like "so the farm house stuff is this way, candles over there, this is the dog and there is barn wood in the basement."
yeah. I basically ran to that basement and returned with 4 boards that were promptly shoved into Wilson. which then the next day were sanded and screwed together and glossed. and then the next day hung up on my wall.

I. am. in. love.  

Next time I do a DIY project like this I promise to film myself because I really always forget to do that lol but my room feels so much bigger and SEE THE MIRROR ON MY WALL? Yup found that at goodwill for $9. also in love <3

Let's just say homework is partly enjoyable now (only partly >.< I'm not that ill)

any questions? would you build yourself a desk? 

(p.s. went to the dentist today and the hygienist that I've known since I was 5 years old thought my brother was a special guy friend because he opened the door for me and is so tall. that is a first lolol I do not think it's the last tho xD)

24 comments:

  1. I love DIY projects!!! AND ESPECIALLY WITH OLD BARN WOOD!!!! <3
    Your desk turned out really nice! Did you put any stain or clear coat on?
    I just finished making bookshelves on my wall out of wood crates! I really like how they have turned out! :)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's so cool! Your desk looks great! I've always wanted to make my own desk. Good job!
    I'm new on your blog! I really like it. Can't wait to see more posts. Maybe when you have a chance you can checkout my blog, lilymaesday.blogspot.com
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. my parents actually built me a desk -- though it was a little more complicated than yours. XD it's such a fun experience, isn't it? to customize something, especially if it's your work station. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha people have asked if Zack is my boyfriend. Legit going to bring him to Artist Series one time and just let people freak out. Big little brothers give THE BEST HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your desk looks great, Julia! You did a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so cool! The desk and your room look awesome. I also love the mirror. Finding unique cheap pieces at thrift stores is so much fun. It brings more personality to a home for sure. I have a lot of little thrifted finds scattered about my room :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, that desk is GORGEOUS!! I totally understand homework being much more enjoyable now..! xD
    Oh and the dentist... lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! You go girl! It looks beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. It’s so pretty!! Haha, I would totally build my own desk, but my mom would probably take over...again. XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your desk is so cute! What a cool idea!

    People have not only thought that my brother was my boyfriend, they've thought we were... ahem... married. Lol. XD XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh your desk is adorable! It's so neat that you were able to build something exactly the way you wanted it and it turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful, Julia!!! you did such a great job. it looks lovely.
    i love your bookshelves too!!

    Sophy of sophyslighthouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that desk is awesome!! And the mirror is nice too. Don't you just love Goodwill? xD

    ReplyDelete
  14. THAT IS SO COOL, good for you!! I love it. <33

    ReplyDelete
  15. AMAZING!! Such a creative idea <3 The desk looks gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE IT!! Also I’m crushing over the way you covered up your books. Totally copying this and hoping the toddler won’t realize it’s fair game to unwrap. :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. The desk is beautiful! I do have two questions but they're unrelated to the desk- what brand are the stack of black notebooks on the shelves above the desk and how did you wrap your books?

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're the best. Can you make me one?

    Yeah, I feel you - my cousin is always my boyfriend when we go places, which is handing because then other guys don't creep.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aaaack YOUR DESK IS SO GORGEOUS <333

    Also, your room = aesthetic goals.

    ReplyDelete

let's be honest here peeps, comments rock. keep 'em clean and fun and I'll reward you with a virtual ice cream cone

*reluctantly hands cone over*