Out my Window \\ Grand prize drawing

July 30, 2015

When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is open my shade next to my bed. I am not the type of person who wakes up quickly. Like..it takes something major to make me jump up. lol! I have learned to wake up slowly by looking outside. If it's a cloudy day, let me tell you. I may just fall back asleep. ;)

 As you can tell (I hope! ;)), that odd circle in the yard is not a UFO landing. Nope! That was where our pool was set up for the last two summers. But, this year, we ended up not putting up the pool because we all knew this summer was going to be a cool one. :P Of course, I was pretty sad about that, but we all agreed. Thankfully this summer has been rather cold (if it wasn't...uhg!! lol), but July has had some hot days. We actually had a 94 degree day! :P That was a sprinkler-and-bucket-dunking water day. It was actually pretty fun. ;) So, even though we all miss actual swimming, I know that I am going to enjoy the pool all the more next summer. Now...let's just hope there are no holes in it... :P lol!

Oh! And tomorrow Sarah and I are going to our summer reading pizza party! The drawings are going to be done at the same time. We are pretty excited to find out who will win. And hey, if we don't win anything, we can still get books! ;) Sarah and I had a blast this summer competing and keeping our readers in our little contest, of sorts. We will be sure to keep you updated if either of us win anything. :D

 Are you a morning person??
Has it been a summer full of swimming for you?
When does your summer reading end? :)

10 comments:

  1. LOL! I'm not a morning person either! It takes a good twenty minutes for me to wake up and then get myself out of bed:D
    Oh! I hope you and Sarah win something in the drawing! Have fun tomorrow!
    -Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa, me too! It is a nice time to enjoy a few quiet moments of the morning too. ;) Thanks!! :D

      Delete
  2. Well you did jump up out of bed pretty quickly this morning when I came in with a phone call from the library. LOL. Too bad they only were calling to confirm the amount you read. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you! You know that I've been excited. ;) And I told you it takes something major to make me get out of bed. :D

      Delete
  3. It depends what I'm doing that morning. ;) After about two years of waking up every morning at seven, I am halfway to a morning person. I won't talk much (SHOCKER!) but I'm not grumpy. ;)
    Unfortunately we haven't been able to go to the pool a lot. :O I'm trying to get my mom to agree to start school just one week later so we can have a week at the pool.
    Our summer reading ends this week I think. I've already gotten my prizes (not the best in the world, but oh well).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how you can can get up at 7 in the morning. I HAVE NO IDEA! lol Good girl. ;) I would be grumpy. haha! Aww, too bad. Hahaa, that sounds like a good idea. ;) Let me know what she says. :D Oh, wow, we are all ending all at the same time! Cool! :)

      Delete
  4. It takes me forever to get out of bed too, at least during the summer season! When I wake up, I pretty much groan, find the nearest book and read two chapters, fall back asleep and wake up two hours later and thinking I should be up by now. I know it's not a UFO, but it would be pretty funny to pretend that it was! It has definitely been a summer of swimming for me; where I live, we don't have a pool, but since my family went on vacation we went to a natural springs to swim in instead! It took a lot of time away from reading; the competition for the library ends today, actually!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, groaning is part of waking up. ;) I don't usually read when I first wake up, but I may check my email or listen to some music. LOL! I think I am going to start calling it the UFO landing from now on. ;) Oohhhh, that sounds wonderful. <3 I would love to swim in natural springs! Ohh, cool. :)

      Delete
  5. Cool! I've been doing summer reading too! ;)

    Soph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's awesome! I'm glad you enjoy reading. :D

      Delete

let's be honest here peeps, comments rock. keep 'em clean and fun and I'll reward you with a virtual ice cream cone

*reluctantly hands cone over*