Strawberry Silly// yeah, it's real

July 10, 2015



Strawberry time!!!! Fresh, warm strawberries..strawberry shortcake, strawberry jam, strawberry smoothies...ah, yes, did I say strawberries, or did I say STRAWBERRIES. ;) I always know its summer by the first fruit we pick - which is always strawberries. ♥ My sisters and I have this thing where we compete (oh my gosh..do we compete on EVERYTHING?! haha!) to see who can pick the most berries first. Then once we get home, we finish this competition by timing to see who can slice the tops off the quickest. Sadly, we all had colds when we went picking and Sarah had just gotten it..so she wasn't feeling up to berry picking. :(  We really missed her, but she was able to go a few days later to get some berries for jam that I was going to make!

 Annnnddd, guess who won this time? Yes, folks. Me! ;) Bree lost by 100 berries. We were that close!

Strawberry Silly. It's an illness. Have you ever experienced it? First, it starts out with this craving for strawberries. You just can't stop snatching one every so often. Then, your hands start turning pink..and slowly, red. And if you are making jam as well, you get sticky and hot. Before you know it, your mouth gets this weird sugary taste. It just won't go away! And suddenly, you look at the kitchen, and yourself, and realize that you are glad strawberry season only comes once a year. haha!

 Have you ever been struck by Strawberry Silly?
When was the last time you picked strawberries?
What are you looking forward to in July?

17 comments:

  1. I can't say I've set had strawberry silly, but then again I've never gone strawberry picking either. The town where I used to live had a Strawberry Festival and that was always fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yeah, lol! It's quite a thing. ;) You should try to go strawberry picking sometime! It's a wonderful thing to pick the berry and eat it warm from the sun.. the flavor is just -over the to - yum! Ohh, that's so cool! I've never been to one, but it sounds fun.

      Delete
  2. Haha! Loved this post. ;) I have never been strawberry picking believe it or not. I've been apple picking though. Hmm . . . what I'm looking forward to in July . . . just the fact that it's summer. ;) Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! Apple picking is fun too!!! I do it all fall in our yard. :D Hehe, I bet you are also looking forward to it cooling down a bit for you. :)

      Delete
  3. The only time I have every gone strawberry picking is whenever I was six years old. My grandma and mom took me and my brother to a patch in another state when we were visiting family. It was a blast and I'm sure I ate more than I picked:D Plus where I live strawberries don't grow:( Its to dry here and the soil is to rocky.
    I love the pictures you took! Strawberry picking looks so much fun<3
    -Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a cute memory! do you have any pictures? Oh..that is so sad! Sometime we will have to go strawberry picking together. What kind of berries do grow near you? :)

      Delete
  4. Umm....We might have a few photos. I will have to look:) Oh that would be so fun, Julia!!! <3 The only berries we can grow up here are raspberries. Our neighbors tried blueberries and strawberries but they died:( Raspberries are the only berry that can survive because the roots grow close to the surface of the ground. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, that would be such a cute blog post if you can find them! :D well..raspberries are really good too! :D Well, you learn something new every day.. I actually didn't know that they grew close to the ground. lol! It must take a lot to get a tree to grow then.. :P

      Delete
  5. Oh yum, yum, yum. Please share? ;) Beautiful photos, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, yes, yes! I wish I could!! Thanks so much! :)

      Delete
  6. I LOVE strawberries!
    Where I live there's a Strawberry Festival in May and I think we have a ton in our fridge right now....
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO! :D
      Ohh, wow! It's July and you still have some?! Or do you freeze them? :) We are going to go pick blueberries soon..so post on that soon as well. ;)

      Delete
  7. Oh, those strawberries look so good! I want to pick some! ;)

    I am looking forward to school ending this coming week! :D Then my birthday is on the 27th, AND I am going to be reading more this summer! Whoo! ;) :)

    -Micaiah-

    P.S. I am currently reading Hebbros by Nicole Sager, and it's really good so far! Have you ever read her Arcrean Conquest series? If not, do so! :D

    Oh, and I also nominated you for some things...:

    http://adventuresbeyondthehorizon.blogspot.com/2015/06/two-tags-liebster-award-and-best.html

    (This one was a while ago, but you might like it! :D) http://adventuresbeyondthehorizon.blogspot.com/2015/05/bookshelf-tag.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, do you have strawberries where you live? :) Yay for you!!! You should celebrate when you finish. ;) Ohh, happy early birthday! Mine is coming up soon as well. :) I have not read that series, but they sound interesting! What's it about?
      Ohhh...yeah, sorry I forgot about it! :P I will try and do it soon. :)

      Delete
  8. Strawberry ICE CREAM. You're missing out on life if you've never had strawberry swirled vanilla ice cream :D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOOOOOVVVVEEE strawberry swirl!! It is my favorite EVER! :D (Oh and raspberry cheesecake ;)) I actually told a friend the same thing today...this is so funny. :D

      Delete

let's be honest here peeps, comments rock. keep 'em clean and fun and I'll reward you with a virtual ice cream cone

*reluctantly hands cone over*