DOES DEFINING OURSELVES WITH STRONG WORDS MAKE US STRONG?

September 12, 2018

I love words like brave, strong, undefeated, victorious, and tough. it's helpful to define yourself with a big, fearless word...you feel a bit more in control but much more capable.

as a poet, it is my job to use words in a way that explains the emotions I'm feeling, but in a way that you relate to. I want to empower you and so I've found myself using uplifting words. This habit is a good one, but lol yesterday while shelving books I noticed a common theme of some titles in the teen non fiction section.

They were declaring that you didn't have to follow the worlds rules, that you're to use your recklessness, and how to defeat fear.  I understood then that we are trying to combat the major pressure and depression the youth of now are dealing with. I'm not apposed to that but I wonder if just the words make a difference or do you actually have to do something? 

As of the 13th, I'll of been working at the library (MY DREAM JOB!!!!!) for one year. YES ONE YEAR. Its been the most fantastic year...truly.  About a month ago, I started to intern there for a higher position. It involves more patron interaction/responsibility. Today, the 12th, is my first complete shift in that position.

In so many ways, I've been completely scared and completely confident. Scared that I'll forget everything I've learned and confident that I won't forget everything lolol but you get me. It's not easy to start anything new. My coworkers have been amazing -- encouraging me and telling me that I can do it. so I'm believing in that. Today I actually have to do what I've been dreaming of doing for so so so so long.

so I believe that words are important, but you have to do the scary thing behind that encouragement for it to count. 

Yup, you're pretty amazing k (now go do something with that *hugs*)

ANY PLANS? XD XD
WHATS NEW IN YOUR LIFE

12 comments:

  1. this one got me thinking... perhaps sometimes we use words as a shield to keep us from taking action. and yet words can be empowering enough to move us to take action... I guess there's a balance, hm?

    you've been working at the library for a year?? that's so awesome! congrats on doing something that grows you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts, Julia! That second picture is sooo peaceful! Congrats on getting a new position in your dream job! You've got this! ;)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOUR POSTSSS *sobbing + heart emojis*
    Girl you are changing lives with those words <333

    *huggs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. How have I never thought about this before?! My world has taken a turn haha
    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is actually AN EPIC post!!!
    Librarian... that sounds like a very interesting job!! Not completely peaceful, but hopefully not too 'strenuous'... ya know?!
    Congratulations and thanks for the post!!! <33333

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the job! How exciting!! :D
    I had to conquer (and still do... my sister pointed out my hands were shaking after I'd served a customer, because I get nervous easily) a lot of fear for the job I'm at now! I think it's important to have people who'll encourage you and help you push past the fear, and gain confidence for yourself. I wouldn't do half the things I do if it wasn't for the encouragement of others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FAKE IT TIL YOU MAKE IT ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Words of affirmation is actually the love language I need, but sometimes I contradict myself because I have a hard time receiving those words, especially when my self esteem is low.

    Working at the library would be such a cool job! If I worked at a library I would want to help people find books and give them recommendations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so exciting! Congratulations on one year and the higher position! Also yes, I agree with you so much. Words are super powerful, but only as they change us. Pretty sure I need to take that to heart, and do a few thing instead of just talking about them, whoops. XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.s Also, those photos are so pretty! I like how fog instantly makes everything seem magical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Literally need this so much right now... thank you, girl! It was a blessing! (((Hugs)))
    Rejoicing in Hope,
    Bri

    ReplyDelete

let's be honest here peeps, comments rock. keep 'em clean and fun and I'll reward you with a virtual ice cream cone

*reluctantly hands cone over*