HEY, KID, YOU'RE NOT WORTHLESS

September 5, 2018

i was born worthless, but because of the spotless Lamb, i am no longer so. 

the words on that blue sticky note say " HEY. STOP PUTTING YOURSELF DOWN. EVERYONE ELSE WILL DO THAT FOR YOU, BUT ONLY YOU CAN DECIDE WHO YOU'LL BE TODAY. SO? WHAT WILL IT BE? <3 <3"

It's really important that I tell you these words because I've learned in the past year that people don't hear them often and nor to they believe them. You listen to the lies for two reasons:

1) they are the sounds that echo in the canyon of your heart.
2) they are repeated more often than the kindness we should be speaking.

These reasons are not necessarily your fault, but my friend, you must be strong. It's so easy to conform to the message you are hearing but I beg you to not. Your worth is not fixed on the values that other humans speak but instead on who God designed you to be.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (romans 5:8) 

Our self-esteem is completely out of whack and off sync from where it is supposed to be.

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2nd timothy 1:7)

 We have been given gifts in who we are. Yes, we are sinful creatures who need a Savior, but there are still little tokens of gold that God created us with. And, I believe we are to use those. I feel that people often look at me and my life, thinking that I am a confident gal who knows what she has set out to do and will achieve that.

Guys, I sobbed 3 times in one single week because my silly plans weren't lining up anymore and I just didn't know what to do. I was so tired and giving my all to work, friends, family, food lolol, etc. I promise I'm going to write a blogpost all about that week because God did some amaazing things and still is.

I just want you to understand that who you think you are actually doesn't matter. Who you are in Christ does. Because truthfully, He is the one who we are to place our trust in - He gave up everything for me...who am I to do less? 

The next time you look in the mirror and think "BLAH." remember that God doesn't know the meaning of that in you because, if you're a Christian, He only sees Christ...and well, that's a pretty big thing. xxxxx

p.s. I'm going to desperately try keeping up with blogging + classes + 3 jobs + friends + family + food + God + reading + washing my hair lololol so please bear with me >.<  I am hoping to stick with posting on wednesdays, but truthfully it might end up being once a week on a random day. sorry peeps! THANKS FOR BEING FANTASTIC YOU'S

24 comments:

  1. Whoa I really want to go out and stick notes onto mirrors in random public bathrooms.

    This is all so true, Julia. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bro do it!!! I really just wonder who found mine XD

      *hugs* thanks Jane

      Delete
  2. This post is so thought provoking! Thank you for this reminder! That last paragraph...<3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem my friend! I write these kind of posts when my mind and heart just don't know how to hold it in anymore xxx

      Delete
  3. THANK YOU FOR THIS. I feel like I really needed it... especially right now. Also, dude, I relate to the crying over plans not lining up. I'm actually really glad I'm not the only one... I get so worked up over things like planning and scheduling so when something throws it off it makes me ANGRY.

    Wow. I admire you so much. I can barely remember to feed and water myself.

    xx Kenzie | www.paperpizzablog.com

    xx Kenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw bro *hugs* THANK YOU FOR THAT LOL now I feel so much better too. Crying is actually super helpful, I've found! it's important to plan but I'm learning that I need to be flexible too.. ah. sooo much to learn.

      LOL GIRL I feel that hardcore

      Delete
  4. This is an EPIC post.
    Love it. Love it. Yes, I love it. :D
    Why are your posts always awesome??!!?! XD
    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you soooo much for this Julia!!!! <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Jules, dude, girl, you have no idea how much I needed this post. THANK YOU SO MUCH ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my, hannah!!! you made my heart smile ok ? <<3

      Delete
  7. LOVE YOU AND KEEP UP THE BEAUTIFUL WORK AND STAY ALIVE with all your busy-ness <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME AND AHHHHHHHHHHH LOL IM TRYING <3 but truly, I love being busy. I just have to keep myself focused XD

      Delete
  8. Needed this. Thank you :)

    Here's a gentle pat on the head. You're doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're precious <3 I wrote it for you k because you needed it, it's yours.

      lololol thank you very much my friend xx

      Delete
  9. Lol washing your hair . . . I ACTUALLY TOTALLY GET THAT. Sometimes washing my hair has to be second place to getting homework done lol. But hey, know you aren't alone: there are so many overwhelmed people in the world. 2 Corinthians 4 says that God puts us in these clay jars (temporal bodies and overwhelming circumstances) so that we have no choice but to see His power. <3 You are so amazing and it was SO COOL to see in real time how God worked everything out for you. Just do what you can do to the best of your ability. God will carry you the rest of the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL TRUTH THERE. tho honestly I cannot stand feeling ew so if I want to be productive in anyway, I HAVE TO WASH MY HAIR XD aw wow I love that..thanks girl. AND YOU ARE SO RIGHT. Wow. I cannot wait to write a blogpost up on that..but..homework >.<

      Delete
  10. I just want you to understand that who you think you are actually doesn't matter. Who you are in Christ does. That must be some of the most encouraging words I've heard on this topic for a long time. Thanks, Julia. Your deep posts are my favourite. Also, yes to random encouraging sticky notes! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks sweet Jessica. I feel the same way about your posts!! Truly, wow.....brb, you just gave me an idea and I need to go start writing this

      Delete

let's be honest here peeps, comments rock. keep 'em clean and fun and I'll reward you with a virtual ice cream cone

*reluctantly hands cone over*